Have you ever encountered a problem with XMLHttpRequest (XHR), where its handler couldn’t read request status or the status was set to 0?
Well, I did, a few days ago.
It took me a while to find the cause of this problem and in my case it was form submission. It’s stupid to use AJAX to submit a form, but nevertheless it’s what I’m doing for dubious reasons that I’ll probably be ashamed of in a few months or years. And it used to work fine, until I changed submit buttons from type=”button” to type=”image”.
I have no idea why, since XHR state change handler shouldn’t be triggered by other requests, but it was and it was fixed by simply canceling form submission in image button onclick handler.
If you ever encounter this problem, check your forms and their submit buttons. It’s very likely that solution is hiding there.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.